On Monday, March 14th, 2022, the Albany Parking Authority will begin upgrading all the entry and exit systems at our 3 Downtown Albany parking garages. The first location to receive these upgrades will be the Green-Hudson Garage located at 45 Hudson Ave. Upgrades to our 2 other garages will follow, with work at each location expected to take approximately 3 business day.
- Green-Hudson Garage: Monday, March 14th – Wednesday, March 16th
- Riverfront Garage: Thursday, March 17th – Saturday, March 19th
- Quackenbush Garage: Monday, March 21st – Wednesday, March 23rd
- Additional Work (All Locations): Thursday, March 24th – Friday March 25th
With the installation of this new system the license plate readers and barcode pass’s that currently grant monthly pass holders’ access to their garage will no longer be used. Replacing these options will be new entry credentials for both our individual and business pass holders:
ParkWhiz Mobile App (All Pass Holders)
Soon ParkAlbany monthly pass holders will be able to download and set up the ParkWhiz mobile app, which will allow them to access their monthly parking location right from their mobile phone via Bluetooth, QR code, or In-App button.
How to set up the app:
- Make sure the phone you are downloading the app to has the same phone number that is registered to your ParkAlbany the monthly pass account.
- Download the ParkWhiz app to you Mobile Phone by scanning the below QR Code.
- Once the App is downloaded, Scan the below QR OCde or click the following link on your phone.
- The ParkWhiz app will now open to the monthly parker home screen.
- Complete the app verification steps and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once your phone has been verified, your monthly parking access will be available through the ParkWhiz app home screen.
Once the upgrades at a specific location are completed, monthly pass holders will be able to enter/exit that location via Bluetooth or by using the QR scan code or the Slide to Open Gate button inside the app.
AVI Tags (Individual & Residential Pass Holders)
This system uses a small sticker that can be affixed to the windshield of a monthly parkers vehicle, behind the rearview mirror. Once properly placed the new entry/exit system will read the AVI tag as the passholder approach’s the garages gate, automatically granting them access to their monthly parking location.
Monthly Pass Holders will receive an email from our customer service team before work at their parking location begins informing them when and where they will be able to pick up the AVI tag for their registered vehicles.
Proximity Cards (Business Pass Holders)
One proximity card will be issued for each of organization’s pass holders. To enter their assigned parking location, the pass holder will need to tap their Proximity Card against the labeled sensor on the entry gate kiosk at the garage.
Business Accounts will receive an email from our customer service team before work at their parking location begins informing them when and where they will be able to pick up the Proximity Cars for their staffs registered vehicles.
We ask the businesses send only one representative from their organization to pick up all their employees proximity cards. The cards will be presorted in one envelope prior to pick up. Each card will be labeled for the pass holder that it is assigned to.
While work is being conducted at each location, there may be some minor delays with entry and exiting during peak times, please know that we will have staff on site while working is being done to assist with any issues that might occur. Upgrades at all 3 ParkAlbany garages is expected to be completed by the end of March 2022.
We thank you for your patience during this process and we look forward to creating a better parking experience for everyone!