Hours: Monday - Friday (40-hour full time)
Salary: $17.00 to $18.00 per hour
Interested in applying for this position? Applications must be submitted online and through the City of Albany's Civil Service Employment Portal
- Interact with the customers via emails, over the phone, or in person;
- Explain various parking programs and promotions to members of the public;
- Respond to customer queries patiently, promptly, and professionally;
- Follow up with customer when necessary to ensure satisfaction with response;
- Assist customers with the purchase of parking passes and permits;
- Manage customer accounts and update account information as needed;
- Manage complaints from customers;
- Draft the necessary documents, letter or statements, needed to properly assist a customer;
- Maintain records of interactions with customers in an orderly manner;
- Coordinate with internal departments to find solutions to customer complaints and resolve matters;
- Performs related work as required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; well versed in handling customer complaints and Problems;
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and to work without close supervision;
- Good knowledge of Customer Relationship Management software (CRM);
- Ability to complete multiple tasks under time constraints imposed by the nature of the job;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Thorough knowledge of personal computers, office equipment, and Microsoft Office Software, - Outlook, Word, Excel;
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- Good judgment, tact and diplomacy, understanding, patience, courteousness and Integrity;
- Ability to effectively articulate policies and procedures to the public;
- Ability to work on a team;
- Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
NOTE: A background check will be conducted prior to appointment.
To apply please click here
Applicants must meet the requirements as outlined in the above job description.
Section 62-1 of Chapter 62 of the Code of the City of Albany (Residency Requirement) is not a requirement for the position.
The Albany Parking Authority is An Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer.