Hours: Monday - Friday (40-hour full time)
Salary: $40,000 to $42,000 / annual commensurate with experience
Interested in applying for this position? Applications must be submitted online and through the City of Albany's Civil Service Employment Portal
Accounts Receivable Specialist
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS: The incumbent in this position reports to the agency director and is responsible for recording revenue transactions. This position’s responsibilities will include performing daily financial processing, resolving financial discrepancies, performing collection efforts, and assisting in day to day data entry.
EXAMPLES OF WORK: (Illustrative Only)
- Maintains bookkeeping databases and spreadsheets (as appropriate), and updates information as needed
- Processes, records and posts daily and monthly revenues
- Performs day to day financial transactions, including coding, processing, and reconciling invoices
- Works with Customer Service to set up new customer accounts and payment information
- Collects payment from customers and accurately record it into the systems
- Performs and manages collection efforts and associated functions for delinquent accounts
- Researches and corrects discrepancies
- Assists with month end closing and reporting
- Participates in year-end financial reporting processes as needed
- Assists in day to day data entry
- Assists with other projects as needed
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISICS:
- Ability to accurately input data and code transactions
- Ability to resolve invoice and revenue reporting discrepancies
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel
A. Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or one accredited by the NYS Board of Regents to grant degrees with an Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) and One (1) year fulltime paid experience in the area of accounts payable or accounts receivable; OR
B. Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or one accredited by the NYS Board of Regents to grant degrees with an Associate’s Degree (or higher) Page 2 of 2 Accounts Receivable Specialist – CSC- 04/28/2022 and Two to Three (2-3) years fulltime paid experience in the area of accounts payable or accounts receivable; OR
C. Any equivalent combination of training and experience as described by (A) and (B) above.
NOTE: A background check will be conducted prior to appointment.
To apply please click here
Applicants must meet the requirements as outlined in the above job description.
Section 62-1 of Chapter 62 of the Code of the City of Albany (Residency Requirement) is not a requirement for the position.
The Albany Parking Authority is An Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer.