The Albany Parking Authority (APA) has one (1) vacancy for Executive Director.
The rate will be $125,000 to $160,000 annual commensurate with experience.
Applicants must meet the requirements as outlined in the attached job description.
Section 62-1 of Chapter 62 of the Code of the City of Albany (Residency Requirement) is not a requirement for the position.
The APA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Executive Director (“ED”) serves as the key management leader for the Albany Parking Authority (“APA”). She (or he) reports to, and serves at the pleasure of, the APA Board of Directors. Reporting directly to the Board of Directors, the ED will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for APA staff, finances, operations, programs, and execution of the APA mission.
· Provides effective overall day-to-day leadership of the APA including its human resources, finances, operations, and administration, communications, and its infrastructure to achieve the APA’s strategic goals and near-term objectives
· Effectively communicates with APA Board of Directors re: APA strategic initiatives and current APA operations
· Provides prudent financial management/leadership to ensure that the APA meets all its duties and obligations to its bondholders
· Develops and implements strategic communications efforts with all relevant APA stakeholder entities and APA partners to enhance (and maintain) the image of the APA as viewed by its customers, businesses located in Albany, local government entity stakeholders/partners, state government, and other entities with the potential to contribute to the successful implementation of the APA mission
· Develops positive relationships with the multitude of public/private entities which important partners of, and stakeholders in, the APA to advance the successful APA mission execution, including but not limited to contributing to advancing economic development in the City of Albany
· Recommends policy improvements, and prepares and develops plans to result in increased APA revenue and minimization of APA expenses
· Develops/implements programs and policies to ensure APA compliance with all applicable legal (e.g. NYS Public Authority Law, etc.) and contractual requirements (e.g. bond indenture agreements, vendor agreements, etc.)
· Serves as an intergovernmental liaison and sits on economic development boards for local, state and federal grant funding
· Coordinates infrastructure projects/efforts with leadership within the City of Albany with state and local officials
1. A. Ten (10) years of full-time paid experience in the effective management and operation of a private or governmental entity primarily responsible for public parking facilities.
APA Employment Application